Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the laws of the States of Kentucky & Indiana generally prohibit any financial institution directly or through it’s affiliates from sharing non-public personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices such as the type of information that it collects about you the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of our agency. We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that you give to us on applications or other forms.
- Information from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Information we receive from a customer reporting agency or CLUE Report.
- Information that we receive from state motor vehicle records reports.
- Information that we receive from medical records of medical professionals.
INFORMATION THAT WE MAY DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES:
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without permission, to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
- To an insurance institution, agent or credit reporting agency in order to determine eligibility for, the cost of, and acceptability for the coverage applied for.
- To an insurance institution, agent or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information, to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other government authority in the event the specifics of the situation require such action.
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
As an agency policy, we do restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products and or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the prescribed legal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We reserve the right to disclose information about our customers in unforeseen circumstances in connection with any possible sale or transfer of our business assets to another similar organization provided that organization agrees to the maintenance and protection of the information collected and agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.